The pellet associations together with all stakeholders are working on adapting ENplus certification according to market demands. For this purpose the EU project “PellCert” was launched. Here more information:
The key objective of the project European Pellet Quality Certification is to create and implement an ambitious and uniform certification system for pellets in Europe, called “ENplus”, which will be used both by the heat and the power markets, for intra European trade but also for imports.
In addition, sustainability criteria are currently being designed to be part of ENplus or come on top and create an “ENplus GREEN” scheme. The project is run by a unique consortium of 10 pellets associations (see contact details below), ensuring a direct relationship with pellets market players. LABORELEC represents the interest of the power sector, and coordinate activities with members of EURELECTRIC. The European Biomass Association AEBIOM leads the project.
Please refer to the download section of the website for all PellCert related reports and materials.
PellCert project partners:
- European Biomass Association, BE www.aebiom.org
- ProPellets Austria, AT www.propellets.at
- Valorization Biomass Association, BE www.valbiom.be
- Finnish Pellet Energy Association, FI www.bioenergia.fi
- Propellet France, FR www.propellet.fr
- German Energy Wood and Wood Pellet Association, DE www.depv.de
- Hungarian Pellet Association, HU www.mapellet.hu
- Italian Agroforestry Energy Association, IT www.aiel.cia.it
- Portuguese Pellet Association, PT www.anpeb.pt
- Spanish Bioenergy Association, ES www.avebiom.org
- Swedish Bioenergy Association, SE www.svebio.se
- Laborelec, BE www.laborelec.com
The sole responsibility for the content of this webpage lies with the authors. It does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the European Union. Neither the EACI nor the European Commission are responsible for any use that may be made of the information contained therein.